Albums featuring Salter, Timothy - piano
Display all albums
Music with wind by Timothy Salter
Chameleon, a concerto for alto saxophone, together with a wind quintet and duos with piano for flute, bassoon, and bass clarinet display the vitality and lyricism of this composer’s music, performed by an eminent line-up of players.
- Kyle Horch alto saxophone , Sacconi Quartet , Tim Gibbs double bass , Donna Maria Landowski percussion, Helen Duffy flute , Timothy Salter piano , Graham Sheen bassoon , Helen Paskins bass clarinet , Ivana Gavrić piano , Aurora Ensemble
- Timothy Salter : Chameleon - concerto for alto saxophone (2007)
- Elegy - gently flowing
- Timothy Salter : Three Pieces (1978)
- Always flexible
- Timothy Salter : Imprints (1997)
- Still and pensive
- Timothy Salter : Abstractions II (1986)
- Timothy Salter : Wind Quintet (2002)
- Sustained, with underlying unease
After the Sun
Words by Henry Vaughan, Rainer Maria Rilke and Edward Lowbury.
The mystery of death expressed by three poets in words set to music by Timothy Salter that moves between the ecstatic and the introspective.
- Matthew Brook baritone, Rebecca Kozam oboe/cor anglais, Timothy Salter piano
Music for Chamber Ensembles
New music for chamber ensembles by Timothy Salter; a transparent sound-world of arresting sonority, febrile energy and sinuous, floated line.
- Helen Duffy flute, The Addison Trio , Thalia Myers piano, Richard Watkins horn, Gillian Tingay harp, The Auriol String Quartet , Brian Schiele viola, Timothy Salter piano, Alexander Neal percussion
- String Quartet No.2
- Malleabilis II
- Abstractions I
- Three Pieces
- Mosaic V